It is important to note that access permits are the norm around many plantations, trail networks and protected areas around South Africa and the World.
Landowners reserves the right to control access on their land and permits holds many benefits such as:
- It creates a measure of control for trail and land use.
- Leads to safer trails and safer trail use
- Help communicate the rules and regulations of trail use.
- Help communicates the rules and regulations of conservation.
- Help to build a database of trail users that can be communicated too.
- It is an important means of fund raising to pay for expenses for trail maintenance and new trail building.
- Leads to job creation
Please respect landowners and areas where permits apply. They are there for a reason.